If you have a proven track record of being an effective governor and can evidence the impact your governance has had on outcomes for pupils, then we would like to invite you to apply to become a Local Leader of Governance (LLG).
The Oxfordshire Teaching Schools Alliance is looking for enthusiastic, experienced Governors to further improve the school to school support provision for governance in our region.
Areas of responsibility would include:
This interesting and varied role gives you the satisfaction of helping to develop the capabilities of Governing Bodies across the region, whilst developing your own skills and experience further. The flexible support given to governing bodies could be a short-term intervention, or depending on the needs, it could be a longer support role. We would expect you to be committed to improving the outcomes for all young people in education in the county by giving governing bodies the skills necessary to provide an effective Governance role.
What we are looking for
· Proven record of being an effective Governor
· Commitment to training and development
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Be a reflective and resilient governing board member
· Have high aspirations and expectations for school improvement
· Sound knowledge and understanding of the current roles and responsibilities of Governance
· Understand the importance of mentoring and coaching
· Willingness to travel to Governing Board meetings and schools
The application window for Local Leaders of Governance is now open – please note important dates below:
Closing date: Monday 4th June
Shortlisting: Tuesday 5th June
Interviews: Tuesday 12th June
Please return completed application forms to John Serle at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the role or application process, please contact John by email or telephone on 01235 554795.